A pure taste of Provence…
- 2 tomatoes per person
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds.
- Heat a glass of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Place the tomato halves in the pan, cover and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
- Away from the heat, turn them over carefully.
- Top with garlic, finely chopped parsley, 1 pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Put the frying pan back on the ring and cook for 1 hour on a very low heat. Cooking must be slow.
- Add water a teaspoon at a time. The tomatoes are cooked when they are “shrivelled.”
- You could cook them in the oven (more easily digestible), in which case we should add breadcrumbs.