- Wheat flour: 500 g
- Granulated sugar: 90 g
- Fresh yeast: 25g
- Orange blossom water: 2 cl
- Olive oil: 25 cl
- 1 unwaxed orange
- Water: 2 cl
- Yield to the temptation of the sweet scent of orange blossom, used to flavour the pompe à l’huile, one of the 13 desserts of Provence…
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Zest the orange.
- Mix the flour and the sugar. Add the yeast, olive oil, orange blossom water and the orange zest.
- Knead until you have a smooth dough and shape into a ball.
- Cover with a damp cloth and leave to stand for 2 hours at room temperature, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Next roll out the dough to form a round pancake about 1cm thick.
- Make slits in the pancake at regular intervals and stretch these openings to obtain a cake with holes.
- Leave to stand for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, brush with olive oil.