Just between you and me….
- Eggs: 1 more than the number of people
- 1 good truffle
- Salt, pepper
- Place the eggs and the truffle in an airtight container for at least 24h. The porous eggshell allows the flavour of the truffle to permeate.
- Grate half of the truffle and add to the eggs.
- Cut the other half into wafer-thin slices and warm briefly in olive oil.
- Mix everything together: eggs, salt, pepper and the truffles in warm olive oil.
- Put the mixture in a dish in a bain-marie. Make sure no water can get in.
- Heat, stirring patiently, until the mixture sets and forms a thick smooth cream. Pour into a dish and enjoy …