Not particulary appealing to look at, this speciality will tantalize your tastebuds…
Ingredients for 4 people
- 8 blanched lamb’s feet
- 24 “paquets” (pockets of lamb tripe stuffed with bacon, garlic and parsley) prepared by the butcher
- 100g of smoked bacon
- 4 tomatoes
- 3 onions, 1 studded with cloves
- 2 carrots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli
- 15cl olive oil
- 50cl white wine
- thyme, bay leaf
- salt, pepper
- In a large pan, brown the 2 finely chopped onions, sliced carrots and the bacon in olive oil. Add the lamb’s feet and then the garlic, the tomatoes cut into quarters, the last onion studded with cloves and the chilli. Add white wine. Once it comes to the boil, add the “paquets” and season with salt and pepper . Add the thyme and bay leaves and enough water to cover the ” paquets.”
- Cover and leave to cook for about 8 hours on a gentle heat.
- Take the feet and “paquets” out and remove the metatarsus. Put them in a dish with the sauce and brown in the oven (210°) for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes.
- Preparation: 30 mins Cooking time: 8h