A very simple and delicious starter….
- 2 long eggplants per person.
- Garlic: 1 or 2 cloves, olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Put the eggplants in the oven (on a low heat), pricking the skin lightly with the point of a knife to prevent them from exploding.
- Cover them with foil and turn them over from time to time for 1/2 hour.
- Turn off the oven, cut them in half and allow to cool.
- Next, remove the flesh using a spoon, mash it carefully with the crushed garlic, salt, pepper and the olive oil (or use a blender). The cream obtained must be firm. Add a splash of lemon juice if you like.
- Spread on bread or toast.