The Carzou Foundation
The chapel of the convent of the Sisters of the Presentation was built in 1848. The order left Manosque in 1904 following the abolition of congregational education. The chapel and convent were then converted to various uses, without success, until their acquisition by the town between 1983 and 1984.
Carzou was asked to decorate the chapel between 1987 and 1989, and he took inspiration from his 1957 exhibition entitled the Apocalypse.
At over 80 years old, this is his legacy in the form of about 50 paintings and 3 stained-glass windows which trace his personal reflections on mankind and its development.
The Carzou Foundation was set up in 1990 with an artistic and cultural mission. Art exhibitions and cultural events, concerts and conferences are scheduled in different rooms of the refitted former convent.