The Hôtel de Ville
One of the most beautiful buildings of the old city.
The main building of the current town hall, dated imprecisely between the 15th and 17th century, was acquired in 1770 by Mr Pochet, lawyer at the Parliament d’Aix-en-Provence.
This new building replaced the old “Maison de Ville”, which was contiguous to the Saint-Sauveur Church and where the consuls met since 1397. This municipal hall has since been demolished. The “Pochet” building had the advantage of being in the centre of Manosque and had many outbuildings in which the city wanted to install communal granaries.
The first municipal council was held there in 1772!
Over the centuries, the municipality bought the six neighbouring buildings and the Hôtel de Ville has gradually expanded to become as it is now.
The façades and roofs have been registered in the Additional Inventory of Historic Monuments since 1946.